carb needed for 73

Page 1 of 5
I need a holley carb for a 73 with a 360 engine.
If you have a known good one you want to part with, email me. Thanks

Why not rebuild your old one?
Budd

Perhaps because after 33 years, it is just worn out and no longer rebuildable.

"Budd Cochran" < snipped-for-privacy@preciscom.net> wrote in message

There is not much on a old carb that cannot be rebuilt. (that is the beauty of one) I have even had a few rebushed where throttle shaft passed through them to restore a old carb to like new condition. Not really much else that wears out otherwise that cannot be easily replaced and it takes a LOT of use to wear out throttle shaft bores. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
SnoMan wrote:

Th OP is advised to scrutinize the throttle-shaft sideplay on any rebuilt/rebuildable carburetor before installing it. At the least, it could be a nuisance in terms of idle speed that isn't always the same when the butterfly valves close. At the most, it could cause the engine to not pass a smog test (if required). On some carbs, the baseplate that contains the butterflies is a replaceable part. Bryan

Answer me this. How the fuck do you reconcile this answer which is to rebuild the carb. Which may require a bit more than rudimentary ability. To the answer you gave in another thread which was trade the truck rather than the R&R of a speed sensor which would solve the problem. A repair that most anybody can accomplish. You truly are a asshole.
Oh, Roy!!!!!!!!
Just replace the knock sensor on your v10 and put some 5.56 gears in it...heck go to 10.5:1 gears then you could pull a freight train with your gasser.
don't forget to put the axle lube on the frame before you plow with the rig too.
<BIG GRIN>
--
----------------------------
-Chris

This fool and his nonsense just seems to have a knack to piss me off. The op's husband is in the sand box. She undoubtedly has a bunch on her mind and this fool tells her to trade her truck rather than have a inexpensive repair done..

i know thats one of my failings too. usually i try to stay out of the arguments but somehow he just gets under my skin with the answers he posts.
and to the OP. tell your hubby we aprishiate all he is doing and has done.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

As we all know, this is what he does. Some of his stuff is so wrong it is dangerous. I'm real glad that this group has shown to have no tolerence for his crap. Other groups are much more welcoming to his BS. Maybe that is why he rarely shows up here.

Ditto! Hope some smart decisions are made and we get our folks out of that shooting gallery soon.
Roy

You are such a child Roy and I am not the olny one that see it though others may not speak up about it. I sure how that all this makes you feel better about yourself so it is not all wasted energy.
Any machine shop can easily rebush thottle shaft if they are a true machine shop. Given the price of a new carb and that fact that they can be rebuilt easily otherwise (it is not rocket science even though it may escape you) it makes economic sense to rebuilt and rebush old carb if need be rather than buy a new one or get a junk yard one that likely needs reworking too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

People here not speak up???????? Your nuts!!
I sure how that all this makes you

I feel wonderful!

Following that logic that it is cheaper to rebuild rather than buy new. Then again how can you advise a person to trade in a truck rather than replace a speed sensor? Which now that I think about it is cheaper than the carb rebuild. Certainly less labor intensive. You continue to be truly a asshole!
People here not speak up???????? Your nuts!!

Well, Roy, you know, there have been a few times where you have posted a few things that I really didn't like and found offensive, so I K/F'd you but was afraid to tell you. <VBG>
Funny, I am found to be offensive and get K/F'd yet there are times, you, theguy and Tbone are just as bad if not worse and everyone loves you guys. Oh well, such is life, maybe I should just start spouting off about religion or other things I know little to nothing about, like a knock sensor on the V-10.

that it's gonna take two paychecks to feed his fat ass....
<BG>
Denny
Oh well, such is life, maybe I should just start spouting

Two pay checks at the White Castle??? Don't threaten me like that.
<BFG>
Roy

There is plenty that can go wrong that is not worth rebuilding but the most likely one is a crack. It could be badly corroded from lack of use or completely plugged with old gas residue. There is plenty of things that can happen to a 33 year old device to turn it into junk.
"SnoMan" < snipped-for-privacy@snoman.com> wrote in message
My favorite is stuck check balls in blind holes...fun fun...new carb time if it's too much fun...

I'd vote for plugged emulsion tubes as being the worst problem. Bryan
BigIronRam wrote:

Really?
I just rebuilt a Carter carb off a 72 Dodge 318 a few weeks ago, even used it to help my son learn how since it was the one that's been on that old D-150 for something like 300,000 miles and previous 95,000 on the old 72 Dart it came off of, and ya know what, there wasn't enough wear on that Carter to shake a fist at, it just needed cleaned and kitted.
Once again, you are wrong. If one carb doesn't require replacement, maybe, just maybe, another one would not require it either. Or mayby ten thousand could be repaired, or . . . . . .
And Holleys have harder aluminum in their carbs than Carter does.
Budd

Yea, really.

used

Good for you but that doesn't mean in any possible way that they are all like that.

No Budd, you are just being childish. I may be wrong about this one but I doubt it as the OP asked for another one to rebuild. Just maybe the OP's is actually damaged and either not rebuilable or so far gone it is not worth rebuilding.

I see a lot of maybes here Budd. The simple fact is that the carb may just be shot as they were not designed to last forever and if subjected to harsh conditions with minimal or no care at all, will become useless over time.

Which means they are more subject to cracking.