Dakota RT 360ci rear end question..

Am looking at a 2002 Dakota RT 5.9 to purchase.

Do all 5.9 Dakotas have limited slip differentials or was that an option?

If option .. can I tell if it has it by the VIN??

If its not limited slip -- don't want it. Can't afford to buy a 17" right-rear tire, every week. :)

Thanks.

"Leroy"

Reply to
Leroy

Leroy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

All '02 R/Ts came with a 3.92 limited slip rear. Nothing else was available for that particular truck.

Reply to
Joe

Thanks Joe.

Thats what I thought .. just needed some assurance. :)

"Leroy"

Reply to
Leroy

Leroy wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah, most of the options on the R/T were things like stereo, leather seats, etc. All the drivetrain/suspension stuff was what it was. BTW, all R/Ts also came with 17" wheels (silver prior to '03, chrome in '03).

Reply to
Joe