Dodge 3500, quad cab, 05, Drivers door lock jammed.

My truck has the drivers door lock jammed in the lock position. I can open the door from the inside only. The lock button is firmly stuck down. Someone told me these are magnetic and it is possible a faulty
electrical connection. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance for any help. Matt
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Does it unlock manually with the key?
--
Ken

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If it's anything like the 01 I just worked on there is a LOT of plastic in the door latch/lock assembly and some of it looks easy to break. The inner knob actually moves a plastic tab into position that blocks the latch. If that broke it would cause this type of problem.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

yeah the one i just did on my '99 van was a convoluted plastic nightmare.. one itty bitty piece of plastic broke off and rendered the door un-openable.
Matt, Take the inner door panel off and look. It is easy and fast. Refer to the manual. Essentially, remove 4 or 5 screws and lift the panel up, then out. Simply unplug the electrical connector for the window controls. The panel is held to the door with plastic inverted "L" clips Don't force it. Steve