Dodge 3500, quad cab, 05, Drivers door lock jammed.

My truck has the drivers door lock jammed in the lock position. I can open the door from the inside only. The lock button is firmly stuck down. Someone told me these are magnetic and it is possible a faulty electrical connection. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any help. Matt

Reply to
maxfrix

Does it unlock manually with the key?

Reply to
Nosey

If it's anything like the 01 I just worked on there is a LOT of plastic in the door latch/lock assembly and some of it looks easy to break. The inner knob actually moves a plastic tab into position that blocks the latch. If that broke it would cause this type of problem.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

yeah the one i just did on my '99 van was a convoluted plastic nightmare.. one itty bitty piece of plastic broke off and rendered the door un-openable.

Reply to
Nza