E85 Conversion Kit

Page 2 of 3

This will work if we can separate the H2 from water.
What good is a hybrid vehicle if your electricity is made from fossil fuels? In Hawaii, for example, most power is from diesel generators.
jbohren wrote:

Hi jbohren I never noticed a single generator while I was stationed on Oahu. Where do they keep these diesel generators? I didn't see any at Pearl Harbor, Hickam, or Kaneohe Bay. I toured Honolulu, Waikiki and the North Shore several times without ever seeing one.
--
Ken

on the top of the mountain above Hickam, (I forget what the name of it is), above the WWII barracks, there is an Air Force site (SEON)(Solar Electro-Optical Network). I installed the computer equipment and network for that equipment some years ago. They had a diesel backup generator for the computers, servers, telescope, and SFIR equipment. Does that count? Man, what a view form the top of that hill!!! Spectacular just doesn't describe it.

I dunno about Oahu, but the island of Hawaii has about; 67 MW generating from #6 Fuel Oil, 120 MW by #2 Diesel, 60 MW by Naphtha 30 MW by Geothermal, 12.9 by Wind Turbine, 16.3 by Hydro. (October 2006 figures)
FMB (North Mexico)
FMB wrote:

A lot of the generators are hidden in plain sight. Just about all the hotels on the islands have there own generation systems running off diesel. This also gets tapped for homes in the area (one of the stipulations of the building permit process is how much of a base load the generating equipment can handle.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Which we can and by many forms of energy.

Because even with fossil fuels, they are much more efficient at extracting the energy from the fuel and do it with far less emissions than a gas or diesel engine.

From what I have read, some auto-manufacturers have designed a refrigerator sized hydrogen generator that the vehicle owners can use to recharge the vehicle at home in their garage.

But unless the cars are available, who is going to invest the money in that infrastructure. The cars will be out way before the full infrastructure is in place and many will probably be fueled initially by personal H2 generators.

We will probably never be free from the stuff but reduced demand reduces prices and dependency.

Joe wrote:

Does MDS actually work?
Earlier attempts (Cadillac back in ???) were rather disastrous, but I suppose computer technology has improved to the point that turning "on" and "off" a cylinder of a running engine can now work reliably.
Still seems there must be a mechanical component of the system that must take a beating doing what it needs to do.
How much mpg gain does one get out of this system? Seems a lot of complexity for only 1-2 mpg if that's all there is.
SMH

might

and

that.
Supposedly.
"on"
From what I've read, the two systems are worlds apart.

Probably no more of a beating than the pistons inside the cylinders.

Not sure of the specifics, but I'm sure they're out there waiting to be found..

Yes it does but you are talking about some heavy vehicles so the improvement isn't massive and as always, depends on how it is driven.

As was already said, they are worlds apart and since I have yet to see any recalls on it, it seem to be reliable.

Actually, just the opposite but more care of the engine is required, especially when it comes to maintenance such as what oil to use and when to change it.

It is not really all that complex which is probably why it works so much better than the GM system did but as said before, the gains are completely dependent on the driving conditions and how the driver operates the vehicle.

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:28:52 -0600, "Abby.Normal"

I think you miss the point here. E85 has a lot less heat energy in it than gas so MPG would be less because you would have to burn more fuel and in cold climates E85 would not be user freindly and have cold running issues even with fuel injection. ( BTW it is the heat of expanding gasses that drives a IC engine and with lower heat content fuel, more must be burned) In theory you could build a engine to run only on E85 with a much high compression ratio (E85 has a lot higher octane) to extract more energy from fuel and minimize MG loss and boost power too but this will never happen with a detriot vehicle.

Personally I do not see E85 as a solution. It is more of a political solution than anything else as it plays well for them. Last I read if every scrape of grain that could be converted to fuel was used (and none left for fuel) it would only make about 1/3 of daily fuel needs for nation. Even eth from switch grass and such is not much of a solution long term but it plays well politically and is some quick money for some in industry. There is something wrong with taking food off tables and putting it fuel tanks as food prices are rising because of this so you are paying even more to drive your beast. The real answer lies in making vehicles truely more fuel efficent and stretch supplies further rather than trying to find new ways to feed current hungry fleet. Sure I have some big iron but I only drive it when I need it not as a daily solution as I depend more and more on thrifty 4 bangers for daily chores. Cheaper in long run because big iron lasts a lot longer too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
You know even doped up after knee surgery, his posts are still unbearable.

What happened to your knee??
Denny

They are both tore up from the years in the Army and the right knee has just been getting worse over the last few years, so it was either fix it now or continue to suffer. Luckily it was not a complete reconstruction so I will be up and around again real soon.

It's good to hear that you'll be on it soon. Any surgury sucks.
Denny

Yeah this sucks, it is keeping off my motorcycle! LOL

No shit!! That means your stuck driving that damned Chevy around...
Sorry, couldn't resist that one....
Denny

Man, I can't even do that right now, it was my right knee

Ahh, so that's where the real knee damage came from. Do they still come with padded rear bumpers?

Sorry Chevy doesn't build Pre-school trucks like Dodge. No need for a padded rear bumper. <g> Thanks for the concern though Tom!