Fuel economy on 01 Cummins

I have a friend who owns an 01 3500 w/ Cummins that is asking how he can get better fuel mileage. He currently gets about 13mpg. The truck is an AT w/
4.10 gearing. Since my 00 gets 19.5mpg or so, I'm not much help in solving the MPG problem, since I don't have it.
Anyone have any tips?
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Max Dodge wrote:

A bad IAT sensor can kill the fuel mileage without any other symptoms.
--
Ken

Max Dodge wrote:

It sometimes doesn't set a code. It can run fine otherwise. See: http://www.dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/sensors/IAT/clean.htm
--
Ken

Good info, I'll pass it along. If the 1.9 mpg improvement that Marco got (link on Fritz's site) is seen by my friend, he'll definitely be happy.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
Its a dually, thats all they had in 01 3500's IIRC. Its 4x4, but then so is mine, and I'm pulling 19.8 avg on trips, where he's doing a best of 13 on trips.