Headlight question for a 1997 Dodge Ram 3500 please

Just bought this , and both headlight lenses look 'cloudy' inside ; im wondering if they are frosted from the factory like this, or, if they are messed up ? The parking light lense which is part of the headlight
assembly is crystal clear.
Lastly, has anyone successfully removed the headlight lense (only) for cleaning ?
Thanks, Dave
The lenses should be clear.

"HVAC fella" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
Thanks much. Do u think its possible to get just the lense off for cleaning ? If so, how would you suggest ?

I suppose that it could be done since it was a separate piece when created but I honestly have no idea how to separate it from the housing without damaging it. Chances are that it will require more than just cleaning and then there is the problem of properly re-attaching it back to the housing and making it water tight. I would check to make sure that your "foggy" look is not from water vapor inside the housing and if not, try polishing the outside of the lens with a plastic polish like the stuff they use on convertible plastic windows.

HVAC fella wrote:

on my '96 Ram 2500. They are plastic and I think either UV or heat is the problem with the headlight. I had to replace a headlight lens on my Interpid, $60.00 CDN from a jobber ($200+ from a dealer) but it was clearer than the old one. I don't think removing the lens for cleaning will be successful. I am going to look into the cost of new lights because they are getting pretty dim for night driving and I work midnights. LJB
how many names does Dave (HVAC fella, itisdave, daveinillinois, filthpolice, DNandB, MsMaryPoppins, fast1970vette, daveinlakevilla, decencyadvocate, hellofriend, advicegiver4U) use while trying to hide his real identity as a potential child molester and uneducated fundy moron...
You tell me after group Googling any of these listed