junp a battery + to -

I have a 1999 dodge Durango and my daughters friend jumped batteries and the put the cable on the wrong pole + to - and tried to start the car I and messed it up I changed the
alternator but the dodge still don't charge the battery can some one tell me what the problem mite be thanks [[pat]]
detap wrote:

Batteries on one or both vehicles could easily be shot. You're lucky the batteries didn't explode and spray acid everywhere.

Usually blows a fusible link. Look for a burnt thing that looks like a wire. You can buy a replacement at any good auto parts store.
Al.
The regulator in the modern Dodge is part of the computer. Connecting the battery backwards may have damaged it. Does the truck run?

"detap" < snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net> wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:05:53 -0700, detap wrote:

I recently seen that happen to a CR-X. so far all i have seen wrong with this guys CR-X is a blown fuse (it blew the main fuse to the PDC). maybe your lucky like he was..........maybe not.............. check the fuses and have the battery checked like what some others posted.
--
Chris