NV3500 Transmission rebuild

I have a 98 ram 1500 with the manual nv3500 transmission. It seems as if the bearings inside the tranny went out and I am trying to figure out how to
split transmission case to get at them. I have all the bolts out of the case and it seperates about an inch but it seems as if it is getting hung up on something. Anyone know how these things come apart? Any help or advice will be great. Thanks
My advice is to get the Factory manual, OR any manual sold by Chilton, Hanes etc for that transmission. My bet is that you've gotten hung up on the shifter rods because there is a bolt holding them to the forks and shifter blades. Not seeing what you have is why my vague reply, since I can't verify exactly what you've done.
Best advice is to get a manual that will tell yu in detailhow to disassemble the trans. Its about $10-20, and well worth it at five times the cost.
--
Max

I do have the Chiltons manual but it says nothing in it about a tear down of the tranny. I did remove the bolts that went around the case plus one that was in the top and one on the side. I believe the one on the top was for the shifter rods. Thanks again
Max Dodge wrote:

Go to http://www.hemitruckclub.com , and download the '03 service manual (link on the left-hand side of the page - it's a BIG file). Not much has changed on the NV3500 in those years, so you should find the diagrams and teardown procedures helpful.