OT Plow control

Page 1 of 2
Rabbit, Laz, anybody have a hand held plow control? If so do you like it, any problems what do I watch for? I only know one person who has one and he
just does family stuff. Going to be one armed for a bit and I gotta make it work.
Roy
Yes I have one. I believe all plows come with hand controls now.
I love it and I wouldn't want to plow without it. The C-plow especially... it'd be a real pain if I had to get out all the time. I route mine down the center, under the seats, up around the rear of my seat and lay it on the seat on my right. It's right there within easy reach. I don't think I'd want a hard mounted cab control.
Laszlo Almasi
What's a plow? ;-)

Smartass!<G> This is my last year for snow plowing. Last year for the truck as well I think.
Roy

Welcome to the warm wonderful south! Where precipitation goes down the drain instead of piling up where it shouldn't. ;-)
How can you live in the south without a truck? We'll call you yankee if you don't drive a truck! ;-)

My commute to the beach is about a mile. There is now way I can justify the expense of a 05 2500QC 4X4 with a Cummins as a run around piece of transportation. I won't be towing or plowing snow. I'd just be burning equity.I bought the magnum for running around. Now looking at my options, I could give the magnum to the wife and maybe look again at a Charger srt. Under the guise of going on trips and stuff. Kinda like when I run up to Denny's so he can buy me that dinner.<G>
Roy

Some cheap plows are manual. Unless u can plow in the same direction all the time...um...duh...you have to get out to adjust your plow.
Last year? About had enough of it?
Laszlo Almasi

lay my elbow on the console and it's a perfect fit. I plowed with a friends truck for a day a couple of years ago just for the hell of it. It was a Western with one of those curly phone cords with a control that fit my hand good and I could run all the buttons with a thumb. Maybe I'd like it if I used it enough to get used to it. I was always getting that damned cord wrapped around the shifter or some other protrusion that gets in the way. As far as I know, he's not had any problems with it and he's had it four or five years.
Now it you could find a wireless or voice activated unit.....
Denny

Yup, getting the cord wrapped up was a concern of mine. A guy I knew had a thing about the size of a pack of cig's that was thinner and had push button controls. He velcroed it to his console. Think it was a meyers. Guess I'm going to have to see how much mobility I'm going to have. Probably end up with the cord thing.
Roy

I'm not gonna touch it.. My mom raised me better...Nope, I'm resisting the temptation...I quit smoking so I can do this..... I'm starting to hurt inside.. God help me................ <VBG>
Denny

Yada,yada,yada.
roy
I steer with my left, shift and control with my right. The harness on the Hiniker is long enough that I can hold it in my hand while I shift...if necessary. It's a toggle as well and I do like it a ton.
Laszlo Almasi
If anyone would like, I can shoot them a picture of the control unit I have. Mine doesn't have the telephone cord style harness.
Laszlo Almasi

Go ahead and post the pic here.. I'd like to see it
Denny

Cummins, automatic, pretty much all the toys, rear window defrost, heated mirrors, I guess everything but leather. Comes with a Fisher 8' MM2 , buckstop rear bumper with backup lights in it, strobes at all corners, leer cap.
Now who has some info on the Charger SRT?? Good or bad?
Roy
Not going to plow at all eh? Going on down to FL are ya?
Laszlo Almasi

Denny