Re: Ball Joint and Tie Rod replacement

On my dodge van the top ball joint is screwed in and takes one hell of a big socket. IIRC I had to make one.
beekeep
On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:42:24 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@radix.net (beekeep) wrote:

Which series (1500 or bigger?) and was it 4x4 or not?

Mine is a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD
Axel

Just looked at some pics of replacement upper and lower ball joints for a 2000 Ram 1500 2WD... both are bolt-in. The lower is four bolts, and the upper is three. Of course the factory ones are riveted, so once they're drilled out, the replacement will bolt in place.
For some reason, vans were different, and did indeed have threaded-in ball joints. So, that makes vans threaded ball joints, 2WD pickups riveted ball joints, and 4WD pickup trucks pressed-in ball joints.
They must like to keep us all guessing... :)