Shock Selection

A while back under this post http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/374240ba9e467597/41f1d455c06decd8?lnk=gst&q=axel+ulrich#41f1d455c06decd8
I asked about tire selection. I ended up following the recommendation an bought the Michelin tires. They also got relatively good ratings in the consumer report.
Now I need some new shocks. My truck still has the original shocks and they are truly worn out at 131k miles. Note: I have the original suspension, meaning the truck is neither lifted nor lowered.
I was looking at Bilstein shocks and wanted to hear your experience or some other recommendation. I am looking for nothing special in the shocks but would not mind a rather stiff ride and didn't want to spend a ton of money.
Thanks in advance for your advise. Axel 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup 2WD 5.9l 131000 miles

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/browse_thread/thread/374240ba9e467597/41f1d455c06decd8?lnk=gst&q=axel+ulrich#41f1d455c06decd8
Monroe is decent and probably less money than the Bilstein
I love my Bilsteins on my 2500.
Laszlo Almasi

Same here.... the ride never felt so good, even when brand new. $70 a piece, but well worth it IMO.

I have Bilstein 5150's (I think that's the model number) on my Ram 2500, 4x4. Took a little getting use to, but I really like them now. What I noticed most of all was the improved cornering. Not that I take corners fast ... but it's nice that the truck remains relatively level rather than pitching to one side.
Craig C. 2004 Ram 2500, 4x4, QC, CRD

Bilsteins are good. So are KYBs and they are much cheaper. I put KYBs on my Dakota at 3000 miles (not a typo - the stock shocks were crap) and they have worked very well.
--
E Frank Ball snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net