carb selection

pretty sure i am gonna have to replace my carb so i am looking for recomendation for a new carb for my truck. I have a 1976 350 4x4 1/2 ton pickup. does have an eldebrock intake on it, but other than that stock motor that was rebuilt about 90,000 miles ago not too concerned about the gas mileage. but do not want to compromise power. it is and everyday driver so dont want to get an cheapie i believe i have a 650 holly on there now with multi intake 4barrel elctric choke, you know standard chevy gas gussler. i have 35's on it so it needs to be able to push them. thank for any suggestions James

Reply to
Jamie

Holly carbs have served me well on several different vehicles over the past 15 years.

unless there's a lot of slop and wear in the shafts running through the body, i'd reccommend just getting a rebuild kit for the carb and giving it a good cleaning with a tear-down & rebuild...you should be able to do it in an afternoon and would only cost you about $40 or so for the kit.

if there's no major damage or warpage to the body, i'd say go for it.

Reply to
Dennis
600 would be plenty. I put a 670 on my 350 with cam and intake and it was alittle to much for the stock heads.
Reply to
89blazer