Tips needed to remove engine coolang plug and front spark plug wires

Please let me know if you have tips for the following. Mine is a 2000 Dodge Ram Van, 5.2L
1. I wasnt able to remove the passenger side engine coolant drain plug.
The mount bracket is right above the plug and I cannot use a socket wrench.
2. Any tips to remove the front spark plug wires. There is very little space to work on them. Pepboys sells a spark plug wire plier and I am thinking of buying it. Has anyone used them before ?
Thanks. --suji