tire pressure

Hi, I picked up my brand new 2009 Dodge grand caravan SE yesterday. the tire aire pressure lite is on and they told me thats normal because they checked
all tires this morning. it is kind of anouning to see that lite is one all the time, if it is on all the time why Crysler put it in? Any comment? Rob

Yes, your dealer is an IDIOT! The light is on because either one (ore more) tires are underinflated or because the system is not working properly.
Take it back and tell them to *fix it* properly!
Rob wrote:

Your dealer is an IDIOT!
Get a GOOD pressure gauge and check it yourself. IF the tires are all the same pressure and it matches the door tag pressures then the system is in need of repair. If the pressures vary around the vehicle take it BACK and tell them to properly inflate the tires. Either way the dealer is wrong.
Does the vehicle have miles on it? If it's something that they have been using as a demo vehicle or as a dealership vehicle then I would also demand a new set of tires if they have been running it with low tire pressure. The ones on it may have been damaged or worn due to the low pressure.
And for YOUR part in this, You should have REFUSED the vehicle if the light was on. They can now say that YOU caused the problem yourself.
--
Steve W.

You now have some idea of how your dealer will treat you every time you go in. You will complain something isn't right or something is broke and they will tell you it's normal, and you will go away wondering.
One of the ways break that is to RTFM (Read The F-ing Manual). Unless you know what you are talking about, they will continue to walk all over you.
FMB (North Mexico)
FMB wrote:

Every time I've been to a dealer service department I've had to tell them what to do.
The last time (2 weeks ago) I had to tell them to put the friction modifier in my limited slip differential.
The $100 I spent on the service manual was a good investment.
JAM
<"Rob"wrote in message;
<Hi, <I picked up my brand new 2009 Dodge grand caravan SE yesterday. the tire aire pressure lite is on and they told me <thats normal because they checked all tires this morning. it is kind of anouning to see that lite is one all the time, if it <is on all the time why Crysler put it in? <Any comment? <Rob
The tire light should stay off unless one is low on air on my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. However, I have been an issue when the outside temperature drops below 45 the light will come on. It will stay on until the air in the tire warms up or I add air to them. The problem I have is here in Louisiana it may be 70 degrees one day and 45 the next during the winter.
Tire pressure also changes with the temperature outside. Tire pressure decreases by about 1 pound per square inch for every 10-degree drop in outside air temperature.
Sarge