Weird sound

I have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. When I turn a corner I hear a sound that sounds like horse hoofs on concrete. The faster the turn the faster the sound. Is this ball joints? Steering knuckle? U-Joints?
Anyone ever hear of this before?
On Sat, 9 May 2009 12:35:18 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

You did check to see that there were no horses following you, right? <bg>
Could be a lot of things, but I'd suspect front CV joints first. Then I'd check the wheel bearings (front also).

Ball joints go <CLUNK> once. U-joints go <click, click, click, click, click> until you straighten the wheels. I'm also betting on U-joints.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

CV joints is my bet. Does it do this no matter which direction you turn?