Cinquecento Screaming

My 97 cinquecento sporting is making a sort of screaming noise when I accelerate from cold in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. It does it when you're at about 2500 - 3000 rpm.
Does anyone know what this could be, has anyone had this problem before?
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 21:31:28 +0100, G-Funk wrote:

Slipping alternator belt?
Water pump bearings knackered?
One of the two I would have thought.
Tim