Heated dieselfilter?

I have a Fiat Bravo 1.9 TD 75HP an it comes with a heating element on top of the diesel filter. I would like to know whether this element is constantly heating the diesel
or is it controlled by a thermostat? It has two electrical connections (2x2 wires).
Thanks in advance.

Conor

The child is grown, the dream is gone.

It is controlled by a thermostat. In fact is probably controlled by the engine management system which is fed by a fuel temperature sensor if it is a newish design of vehicle.
Huw