Punto advise please

My girlfriend has a Fiat Punto 1.2 W Reg (UK registered 2000). She only purchased it a while ago from the only previous owner. I've noticed that when the car is idling you can really feel the vibrations of the car running
through the steering wheel. While driving the car though the steering wheel is smooth with no vibrations. Is this normal? Could it be the idling speed?
Also, the exhaust seems to be giving out steam occasionally while being driven and sometimes dips water when the engine is turned off. I've checked the coolent level and it hasn't dropped much since she purchased the car. Any other suggestions as to what it could be and how I could check.
TIA,
--
Chris Michael
www.INTOmobiles.com

running
wheel
speed?
checked
I would assume these conditions are when the car is cold , Idle speed can be a little erratic with a cold engine causing a bit of vibration in the car, but it's relative to small cars as to how bad it is, one person may think it normal another think its very bad ???
As its winter take it for a winter service and check the idle and the engine mounts.
The water from the exhaust is probably just condensation as your not losing water from the engine, but if you are losing a regular amount it may be wise to get the head checked for compression, either a cylinder head gasket is required or worse the head might be slightly warped and need a skim ......
If the cam belt has not been changed for a while consider getting the lot checked and done for peace of mind.
||| My girlfriend has a Fiat Punto 1.2 W Reg (UK registered 2000). She ||| only purchased it a while ago from the only previous owner. I've ||| noticed that when the car is idling you can really feel the ||| vibrations of the car running through the steering wheel. While ||| driving the car though the steering wheel is smooth with no ||| vibrations. Is this normal? Could it be the idling speed? ||| ||| Also, the exhaust seems to be giving out steam occasionally while ||| being driven and sometimes dips water when the engine is turned ||| off. I've checked the coolent level and it hasn't dropped much ||| since she purchased the car. Any other suggestions as to what it ||| could be and how I could check. ||| ||| TIA, ||| -- ||| Chris Michael ||| www.INTOmobiles.com ||| Free ringtones/logos ||| Free mobile alerts ||| 3 months free insurance ||| ||| || || I would assume these conditions are when the car is cold , Idle || speed can be a little erratic with a cold engine causing a bit of || vibration in the car, but it's relative to small cars as to how bad || it is, one person may think it normal another think its very bad ??? || || As its winter take it for a winter service and check the idle and || the engine mounts. || || The water from the exhaust is probably just condensation as your not || losing water from the engine, but if you are losing a regular amount || it may be wise to get the head checked for compression, either a || cylinder head gasket is required or worse the head might be slightly || warped and need a skim ...... || || If the cam belt has not been changed for a while consider getting || the lot checked and done for peace of mind.
Thanks for the advice Mick.
--
Chris Michael
www.INTOmobiles.com