CAMARO

That's how it is spelled.....for anyone new posting to the group. Just for reference.

tkx

Iggy

Reply to
Iggy Peuterbaugh

Really? On the side of mine it reads "Camero."

Of course it's in a 5 year old's handwriting and it's in pink crayon...

I've been floating around here for years and it still amazes me that even people who own them have trouble spelling "Camaro."

Reply to
Firehawk674

Do you really think that your post is going to reach anyone who is just looking for a quick free fix? I highly doubt it. Either post your comments directly to the offending posters or just let it go. That will make us both feel bettr about the situation.

BTW, I've had an e-mail addy that is spelled the wrong way since I started on my trip through the internet. Not by my choice either, they wouldn't change it.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

I agree... I've seen it several times on for sale signs and info signs on the cars at collector shows!! If I spent 10s of thousands on a classic car and showing it off, I'm sorry but I won't embarass myself by spelling my car's name wrong!

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Transmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Yeah, shit happens... but something like that is one thing... but if you handwrite it on a sign selling your car.. then thats another one. You have been one of the most knowledgable and kind person I've met here, and I appreciate it. :)

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Transmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Spelling of Camaro has always bugged me too, all you have to do is look at the emblems on the car, its says C-A-M-A-R-O! Seems basic to me, but then again I'm a teacher so spelling counts for me...

Terry

Reply to
Terry

I appreciate the comments. I'm here to learn as much as anybody and if I can give small bits of advice that help others out then that is a good thing. Thanks.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to
RSCamaro

I have enough of a life that I do not bother correcting spelling mistakes on an open forum - life is just too short!

After all, I thought thanks was the correct spelling :-)

Cheers,

Graham

Firehawk674 wrote:

Reply to
Graham Sewell

I have owned my baby for 6yrs now and I guess this whole time I have been spelling it wrong! DOH!!! oh and yeah shit happens its called a typo so GFY be a man and be a bit more understanding. I thought this was a Camaro group not english class.

Signed the camara guy

who knows I might have an accent and thats how it sounds when I say it.

Reply to
notevenashadetreemechanic

It's ok to be ignorant ... for some people.

Reply to
FBR