CAMARO

That's how it is spelled.....for anyone new posting to the group. Just for reference.
tkx
Iggy

Really? On the side of mine it reads "Camero."
Of course it's in a 5 year old's handwriting and it's in pink crayon...
I've been floating around here for years and it still amazes me that even people who own them have trouble spelling "Camaro."

I agree... I've seen it several times on for sale signs and info signs on the cars at collector shows!! If I spent 10s of thousands on a classic car and showing it off, I'm sorry but I won't embarass myself by spelling my car's name wrong!
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Transmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
I have enough of a life that I do not bother correcting spelling mistakes on an open forum - life is just too short!
After all, I thought thanks was the correct spelling :-)
Cheers,
Graham
Firehawk674 wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:05:51 GMT, "Iggy Peuterbaugh"

Do you really think that your post is going to reach anyone who is just looking for a quick free fix? I highly doubt it. Either post your comments directly to the offending posters or just let it go. That will make us both feel bettr about the situation.
BTW, I've had an e-mail addy that is spelled the wrong way since I started on my trip through the internet. Not by my choice either, they wouldn't change it.
Yeah, shit happens... but something like that is one thing... but if you handwrite it on a sign selling your car.. then thats another one. You have been one of the most knowledgable and kind person I've met here, and I appreciate it. :)
-Geno 1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Transmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 14:25:56 -0500, "KITTvsKARR"

I appreciate the comments. I'm here to learn as much as anybody and if I can give small bits of advice that help others out then that is a good thing. Thanks.

Spelling of Camaro has always bugged me too, all you have to do is look at the emblems on the car, its says C-A-M-A-R-O! Seems basic to me, but then again I'm a teacher so spelling counts for me...
Terry
I have owned my baby for 6yrs now and I guess this whole time I have been spelling it wrong! DOH!!! oh and yeah shit happens its called a typo so GFY be a man and be a bit more understanding. I thought this was a Camaro group not english class.
Signed the camara guy
who knows I might have an accent and thats how it sounds when I say it.

It's ok to be ignorant ... for some people.