Difficulty Installing Transmission Mount

The tranny mount on my '97 Firebird Formula was totally shot. The rubber had separated from the metal bracket. I held the old and new mounts side-by-side to verify I have the right one.
Unfortunately when I went to install the new one, the transmission had slipped to the driver's side about half an inch. I have grabbed the drive shaft and pushed it over, but the tranny just springs back to where it was.
Any suggestions for lining the tranny back up with the new mount?
Thanks!
I got the mount on by removing the cross brace and then installing the mount to tranny, mount to crossbrace and crossbrace to car.
Could there be a problem with my car (leftover from a wreck in October) that is causing my drivetrain to be pulled off to the left, or is this normal?
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@zacksfamily.com (SR-71) wrote in message

I just use a medium sized prybar to line things up, and bingo...