Transmission Mount Question

I'm getting ready to change the transmission mount on my '87 4runner with a manual transmission. The big center nut on the new mount is loose, and I can't find specs on what this should be torqued to. Also, I assume this should have loctite on it. It looks almost impossible to tighten it once the mount is in place. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
chuck

ZaXXoN

That's what I sorta thought, but I was looking for someone to confirm. What's the deal? Only getting 21 years out of a mount? :) Had to be a manual tranny mount too because I had spare motor mounts and automatic mounts laying around.

Speaking of stuff laying around, I have this 20R engine laying around and was wondering if that bolts up to a 85 4runner transmission?

Reply to
chuck

21 years is pushing it a bit but, we all get a lazy. I'm restoring an 86 turbo 4x4 4 22R-TE here with 270k on the OD. It's a CA truck that's never been in a crash. Recently found it's replacement drivetrain on craigslist. 72k on the new find. I'm tempted to restore both trucks.

I'm not familiar with this motor but have heard that it's evan more reliable than the 22R family. Instead of being built like a tank, it's built like a battleship! Dump a message up here and i'm sure someone will jump in with an answer. ZaXXoN

Reply to
ZaXXoN

It's still >>>

Reply to
chuck

Hey! Sounds like a huge project. Good luck!

Reply to
ZaXXoN