first gen camaro parts for sale

I have a few 67-69 Camaro parts for sale from a restoration I did last year. I don't have the car anymore, so I'd like to get rid of these parts before
winter-- see them at my webpage: http://home.comcast.net/~tmannett
Terry

That 650 DP Holley isn't exactly an antique carbeurator. I have a couple of them laying on a shelf somewhere, one is a 4010 and the other is a 4011. Don't remember which numbers match vac secondaries or mechanical secondaires. If anybody cares, I think that the rebuild kits are still available but I don't think that they make them anymore.

Someone (his name is Ron coincidentally) just emailed me and told me that Holley doesn't produce this style carb anymore, I'm not a carb expert so I really don't know. The guy who sold it to me told me it was off a '70 Nova, but that's second hand information. I'd like to sell these carbs soon, with winter coming in Wisconsin I need more room for firewood and not car parts!
Terry

I wasn't trying to complain about the carb, just letting you know that it was a more modern unit. I actually loved the 650 DP mech. secondaries on a 68' I previously owned. It sat on top of a 327 +.030, with hypereutectic 10:1 pistons, roller rockers, a Comp Cams 292H, balanced bottom end, etc. I can't tell you how many times I had that motor above the 7,000 rpm line. All of it was driving a 2 speed powerglide and had no hesitation which generally isn't soposed to happen with an automatic and a mechanical secondary carb.

Wow, sounds like a great '68 Camaro. I think I must have owned these type carbs in the past, back in the '80s when I was a teenager, but during those years I didn't know what carb identification was, I just bought muscle cars cheap and drove them!
Terry

Those carbeurators were after market only as they never showed up on any production vehicles. Summit sold crap loads of them I'm sure.
My old 68' was fun while I had it, it had many issues though. Mainly rust just about everywhere except for the outer sheetmetal. It now resides somewhere in the Baltimore MD area, hopefully going through its 2nd restification.

That reminds me of the 2nd '68 Camaro I had while in college (around 1980). I bought it for $600, had an awesome small block/4 speed combination. It had rust in the rear quarters, so my friends and I took a tin scissors and cut the rust out, sanded it down, put some fiberglass over it, sanded it smooth, primered the entire car w/ gray spray paint, and some '50s series tires on back. Entire cost was around $100. I even put white shag carpet in it lol! We had a lot of great times in that car, I sold it to my girlfriend who drove it even more than I did. Her dad was a chevy mechanic so he pulled the heads and did some magic to make it even faster. Unfortunately I broke up w/ her so I have not idea what happened to that car...
Terry wrote:

    On the choke body there is a List number plus a jullian date code. go to www.holley.com from there they have a tech page. E mail them the numbers and they can tell you what year, and application the carb is.
    I have 2 Holley Factory/OEM Carbs. One is a Service Replacement (parts counter/dealer installed) 340-360 1971/1972 Dodge mid-size 650. The other is a 66 396 Chevelle Carb (which has a rochester type part number). Charles

Thanks Charles I'll do that, I've been curious about exactly what year this carb is from.
Terry wrote:

    No problem. They do take some time before they reply to you. Took them a few weeks to get my last ID request done. Some Holley carbs fetch decent money even in "core" condishion. Such as manufactor installed units. Charles