Need tools? We've got 'em!

Dear potential customers,

If you're interested in a deal on any tools you may be looking for, please visit our website at

and see what we have tooffer. Our complete catalog is now online. If you still can't find whatyou're looking for, please send an email to snipped-for-privacy@daleotools.com and see ifwhat you need may be temporarily out of stock. If you are not interested, please disregard this message, but still take a look at the website, just in case. And tell your friends.

Thank You. John,

John McManaman

If you want good quality tools, DO NOT go to that site. Any store, website, or seller who can not or does not list brand of tool and country of origin is selling junk. Probably either Asian made tools (China, Taiwan/ROC), tools made in India, or quazi-US made tools that are sub standard.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

I apologize. This message was not meant to be sent to the NG. It was supposed to go to an individual. I was reading the NG's and my e-mail and accidentally sent it here. It also got sent to a few other groups it wasn't supposed to. So, sorry for the advert. Mistakes happen. To error is human, but you need a computer to really screw up. How true is that? Again, I apologize.

John McManaman Dayton, Ohio

PS: And to the reply, I'm sorry you feel that all non name brand tools are junk. And the brands are listed, but you might have missed them.

Reply to
John McManaman

John McManaman wrote: More nonsense.

Once again reported as abuse. This little ruse is tried often and it doesn't work. Jerk

Reply to
FBR

I made a mistake and apologized for it. No need for name calling.

Reply to
John McManaman

You made no mistake. You spammed, then tried to play it off as a mistake. It's an old ploy. Buggar off.

Reply to
FBR

Oh...Martin...I figured you of all peps would get that...lol...

Ok..WebTV users then...

I had one....Earthlink too....now, I much rather prefer the smalltown service....since we cant get freaking cable here in the boonies....promises, promises....I swear...

Reply to
CBhvac

Im from Dayton my self. I live in Old North. My shop is in Medway.

Yea I did miss it. listed on the index page. here the quote that I missed: "All tools are American Tool Exchange and American Forge & Foundry brand unless otherwise noted. Region of manufacture is in the USA and China, just like other competitors tools."

Nothing made in China except for a cornwell testlight (catalog listed it as US made, and that's going to be my last Cornwell tool) can be found in my

2 roll-a-ways, nor my business partners 3 other roll-a-ways in the shop.

Do you know there is a Major tool maker in Dayton? Called APEX Tool. They are used at Machine Shops and in Production Lines. Do you know Wright Tools are still made in Ohio? A quality comparable to Craftsman, yet with no local venders in Dayton.

From what I saw on your website your in the same class with Harbor Freight Tools, who has a store in Dayton (by the corner of Needmore & Dixie, across from Kroger's). A buddy of mine talked me in to going there Twice. Both times I walked out with a full wallet and empty hands.

Your websites index page also says: "Don't let them fool you. Many, many companies use the same molds and processes in making tools and just add their name. So why pay for the name when all you need is the tool?"

Fool me? Products made in China are low grade steel, and pot metal. Theymight have some worn out molds that where once used in the 50's here in the USA but that's it. Chinese machine shops are no where near as good at mold & die making as American shops are. Dayton 10 years ago was #3 Machine shop center in the world. Now it's #20 or lower. Do you know where the majority of the old mold and die's went? What Mendelsons didn't buy, Franklin Iron & Metal did. Then their is the fact they do not manufacture to anywhere near as high of standards as quality US tool makers do.

As for How I Feel, I'm a small business man. MY TOOLS ARE MY LIVING! A stripped bolt, a miss-drilled hole, a broken tool can set me back days at a time. In December my shop was broken in to. I had $7000 in my tools stolen. My one business partner had $3000, and the other had $1,500. That's not including parts, scrap & other equipment that was taken. I'm hurting for tools in a bad way. Where am I going? To my Snap-On man ( Dale Printz), to Sears, to Dayton Tool Crib, to Mendelsons,to Granger Supply, to the pawn shops, and EBay.

I have some non-US made tools. A set of Sunnex impact sockets I bought at The Dayton Tool Crib over 11 years ago for a job I had at what was Al's Auto Parts (now Affordable Auto Parts). I bought them as a disposable set since I was working in a place where even with a security guard tools were stolen when the employee's were working. That set has lasted thru 11 years of me trying to bust them. Believe me, with a IR 231 air pump cranking 130 PSI to my blue point AT-531(now listed as AT-555) Impact, which is rated for 550 Peak FT.LBS of Torque @90 PSI, I would break a junk socket.

Yes my Blue-Point Impact was made in Japan. I bought it at Loan Star Pawn Shop on North Dixie for $60. I can get it rebuilt by Snap-On for less then $125.

My other non US made tools are high quality like Knipex Pliers. Made in Germany, sold by a few Major tool companies such as Snap-On & Mac. I am on my 3rd pair in 10 years because my other two pairs were Stolen. At $20 to $60 per pair they are not exactly cheep. At 240LBS I'm not exactly a light weight. I have put all my weight on these before to get a rounded bolt to break free. It was 3 am, and the hot wrench was out of Oxygen, and the air compressor wasn't wired up.

To make a long story short, If I bought the items you sell I would have to buy 25 of everything, every year. Because I would break everything constantly. The over all costs of doing that in the long run would far exceed what I spend on tools once that if they break I just hand it in, and get a new one with No Questions Asked, Ever!

Charles Bendig - Professional Mechanic. Serious Tool Owner.

BTW: When we find cheep tools around the shop, or in cars we scrap. We give them to a friends 12 year old son to use for Toys. When this kid comes around the shop and wants to tear in to a car, we let him use our tools. His father has a refuse removal company. He too won't use your items.

Reply to
Charles Bendig

My mail server is now sending me apology notes because snipped-for-privacy@daleotools.com is not a valid e mail address. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Yup..in other words..."we sell pure garbage." Thats what he is saying.

I found one Made in China tool on the truck..and its a Milwaukee/Rockford Fosgate boom box....wasnt real happy about it...

Again....dont forget Ridgid Tool Company....perhaps simply the best in plumbers and HVAC related tools.

LOL....the ONLY damn thing I have ever bought there was a set of nozzles for my 13HP pressure washer. Both nozzles said made in USA, and I would have passed on that otherwise.

Thank you...all I can say there is bingo.

Damn..that sucks. I had one of our vans broken into on the lot one night. After the insurance guy did his depreciation on the inventory stolen, it was over $35,000...another van...literally. Most of it was tools, and all had our information on them. Took a while for them to start to show in pawn shops, but sure enough, I started getting calls from most of the shop owners in teh area, and we spent $9500 total in replacement tools and parts. Bastards like that need to be hung by their nuts... I DID get a new oilless recovery machine out of the deal tho..LOL..

Knipex are the chit. I like them. I have a couple of German made screwdriver sets....insulated to 10,000 VAC and well worth every penny. It is hard to locate anyone that carries any of the German tools, and I hate to say it, but they are on par with the good stuff made here.

The bad thing is, its hard to find electronics made here. Almost all the meters are made in Japan or China...even the Flukes. Fieldpiece is subbin most of their stuff...sucks.

Consumer electronics...find a made in USA TV...Curtis Mathis...now, made in Japan... There is a company in Greensboro that is making some of the best loudspeakers I have ever owned, but they are about 4X the price of Sony, or Kenwood, or the like...

Reply to
CBhvac

Charles Bendig spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Well sheit. I live several miles south of you, man. :)

Waddaya say we meet up and visit this guy's shop? :)

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_N0i

Charles Bendig spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Well, it's not anymore....

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_N0i

That's not a bad idea. We could even take my old crusty pick up. It has the look of a vehical a customer of his might drive. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Thanks for sticking up for "us". All aboard the Yankee express, next stop October.....

Hitman0187

Nope..there isnt, particularly since Road Runner kicked your butt off on the

8th...between the RV group, and here, I would say that you found out that spammin, does not pay...:)
Reply to
CBhvac