Timing off??

Hey everyone,
Been having some problems with the Camaro lately and finally decided to take it in for a full check up. Turns out my timing was off by 8 degrees!
How did that happen? Runs nice again now though... knock on wood.....
-Geno 1985 BLue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops aka "Tazmaro" 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops Still looking for an '82-'84 T/A w/T-tops!
> Been having some problems with the Camaro lately and > finally > decided to take it in for a full check up. Turns out my > timing was off by 8 degrees! How did that happen? Runs nice
Stretched timing chain maybe. Kevin
... Everything in moderation...except moderation.