1985 CAMARO TIMING PROBLEMS

bougt car 2 years ago and have done mild work to it performance wise, recently i got a new breather and put on it. after that it started to diesel when it was shut off so i thought i might need to adjust the timing. my father in law came over to help we adjusted the timing according to the veci label and the car was not running right it would lag on acceleration and not pick up speed that well i had been mentioned it was a rebuilt and possibally a 350 but timing according to 350 spec made for a very shakey ride through the rpm range so i thought about 305 spec and tryed that this time when accalorator is pushed it hesitates and is very shakey and seems to not want to go. i then tryed to time by ear which led to better results but still the shakey range and less power . i really need help with this so if any one has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
combs8404

I would advance it until you start to notice detonation (pinging), then back it off a couple degrees.

Reply to
JimV

thank you for the tip! i wil definetly give it a try.

Reply to
combs8404

after u get the timing done, maybe try setting ur carb it could be running lean from the air filter.

Reply to
camaroman3389