Some problems with my bus

Started 2 days ago trying to get the engine running of my 70 transporter. First heated fuel tank, drained old fuel and cleaned with a bit new fuel. Took the fuel lines off (REALLY ROTTEN!) and replaced by new high quality fuel lines. Next replaced spark plugs, wires, installed blue coil, cleaned points, replaced carb gaskets, inline filter. Drained old oil, threw engine flush in with new oil, turned engine over by hand to check for problems, all ok. Now the test, dead, engine crancks, carb gets filled and nothing happens. There is a spark on the plugs, timing is checked and seems right. It seems to flood the carb, but all holes are open and everything is assembled correctly. Sometimes it sounds like the engine WANTS to start, but nothing. I took the air filter off, just in case, but nothing. Anything i am missing, previous owner told me only problem was a bad started (which is fixed)

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

Do you know for *certain* that the carb bowl is full??

How do you know this??

?Holes in what??

Not yanking your chain, Bart. Needs more info.

BTW, there is a How-To on my web site: "Why won't my engine start?"

Go thru this step-by-step.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Checked that, will try some things on monday.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets