Been having some fun today in the S3!

Took it to the garage this morning for a little look about the mis-firing. The mechanic gave it a full service & setup the carb. It runs like a dream & drives like a new car! Not bad for £65!

The chap also had a good look at the chassis etc & he remarked how original it all is.

I'm gonna clean off the hammerite on the wing etc, but I really would like to know the best way of keeping a 23 year old original chassis original for as long as possible.?

Paul, did you notice how slow it was? The mechanic found the huge mats fouled the accelerator pedal & you could only get half throttle & being a series 3 you don't have much time for looking at the floor whilst driving!!!

I did laugh!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

But you won't see the floor now due to the blood from your ears under hard acceleration..... I've heard blood boils over 30mph.... opening the front bulkhead vents may help reduce the effect ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Not in the storms round here today Lee, it was raining inside the Landie as it was!

I brought it home as I need to cart some s**te about tomorrow & there may be an Ikea trip early doors for some nice red leather recliners i saw!

I'm gonna get the missus to have a go, although the steering is a bit heavy for me & I'm not a weak or small chap!

The engine has been replaced not long ago the chap said, it does look a little 'clean' at the side of the engine bay! Anyway I didn't know if was a lead free head so I filled it up with lead free & it's not self ingited yet, although one of the sliding windows did fall out as i slammed the door a bit hard in the petrol station. This was particulrarly nice as i had 70mph sidewinds in the pissing down rain for 8 miles on the Bingley bypass - which was nice!

It was nice of Paul to i8nclude a crooklock, i did wonder why, but then discovered none of the locks work!!!!! Not that there is owt to nick!

;~)

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

Nige - it sounds to me like a perfectly normal series landy. Weve all experienced the same :) (theres a knack to closing the door without knocking the window out!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Makes the switch gear in the Discos look positively modern eh ;-)

Proper Landrovers :-) The only way forward once all the silicone runs dry.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"Nige" wrote >>

First thing I did with mine was replace both the locks, it's the only genuine 5 min job I've found (and not expensive). :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

But doing that will suck all of the crap out of the dash and fling it straight into your face. Grit, shit and sweetie wrappers will sand away your eyeballs. Reminds me of a horror film I saw once with Terry Thomas in it, can't remember its title though.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I certainly noticed that it maxed at 45MPH, but didn't think too much of it really. It was the most underpowered motor I'd driven in a good long while

- the last one that underpowered I drove was a 998cc Allegro a good few years ago.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Steve composed the following;:

Isn't that how you're supposed to clean the dash then? It was the only way we could get to some places .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

It's sound mate, just done 100m today including 2 trips to Ikea (yeah, i know) & it's been faultless apart form heater motor & windscreen wipersw packing up!

I reckon it's a fuse or loose connection at the fuse!