2000 Explorer Power Seat Stopped.

Hi All.

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer with 6 way power seats (does not have memory feature) the seat stopped working in the reverse direction. Goes forward, up and down but not toward the rear. Is there any known fix for this issue other then a new seat track from Ford? The part alone lists for 426.50 Plus tax.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom on how to correct this issue. John L.

Reply to
oldwings04-tfs

You could try lubricating the seat track. However, I jsut had this exact problem in my Thunderbird and the fix (under warranty) was a new seat base. You also need to check the price at a discount Ford Parts dealer (like

The drivers side power seat track for a 2000 4 Door Explorer without the memory feature is $277.90 from directfordparts.com (try
). You might also look for a used power seatbase, but personally I'd go for the new one. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Does it act like it's binding or does it make no effort to move?

Dave

Reply to
Hairy

Dave thanks for you inquiry. This is definitely not a situation where there is a bind in the seat track or the seat belt attachment. The motor which moves the seat forward and back only clicks when attempting to move toward rear. Even though the seat id fully forward. The motor still attempts to move the seat forward when the forward button is pushed. It definitely seems to be an electrical issue.I would have loved to swap the switches between driver and passenger seats, but they are not the same part number.

Reply to
oldwings04-tfs

Ed thanks for this lead. I did contact this group and it does apear I can save a sizable amount ordering the part in this manner. I'm just working on pinpointing the cause as the track which usually seems to be the case.

Thanks John L.

Thanks again, John.

Reply to
oldwings04-tfs