2002 Explorer Front Wheel Bearing Removal

Hi-

I am trying to replace the front wheel bearing assemblies on my 02 Ford Explorer XLT V8. I cannot get at the three 15mm bolts that hold the assembly onto the back spindle housing. Does anyone know if these require a special tool? I've tried all sorts of box wrenches. Sockets will not clear the CV joint. The bolts are also on really tight, despite spraying them with WD40 for several hours. Open end wrenches are out of the question.

Best, George

Reply to
George

Ummmm... push the CV joint back far enough to get the socket on.... If that doesn't do the trick, remove the axle...

Reply to
Jim Warman