94 XLT A/C question

The air conditioning compressor on my '94 XLT (118k miles) cycles on and off about every 15-30 seconds. It still cools the air, but I suspect that it needs to be recharged. Is there a sensor I can check to see if that's the problem before I take it in to have it checked/fixed? I'd like to go in with some information in hand for obvious reasons.

Reply to
Mike Iglesias

Unless you have a set of AC gauges to check the pressures there's not much else to check. Most likely it's gotten a bit low on freon causing the excessive cycling in this hot weather. In the winter, those cycle times would be normal IME. Unless there is a significant leak the recharge should only amount to around half to one pound of freon and less then $100 total bill.

Reply to
AZGuy