94 xlt stuck turn signal

on my 94 xlt, the turn signal seems to be getting stuck on (ie. not blinking) but only when i signal left. if i flip the lever up (to signal right) it blinks, but flipping it down keeps the left turn signal lit up. it still flips itself back to the center position after i make the turn.

do i need to replace a relay or switch, or is something else wrong?

thanks, john

Reply to
John T. Waisanen

More than likely one of your bulbs is burned out. On my 94 it's been the rear one every time I've had this happen.

Reply to
Mike Iglesias

My guess is a bad relay or you might even check to see that your bulbs ( dual filament ) have both filaments intact. I've had that happen when buld burned out a filament.

Reply to
John Riggs