'98 Wheel Bearing Life

I have a 1998 Explorer XLT with 120K miles, and the front wheel bearings seem to be a recurring problem. Is this normal? ... for an Explorer?? Whenever the dealer gets the vehicle, either the bearings need to be repacked or replaced. At 100K miles, the front bearings were replaced, and now the vehicle is really noisy when over 40 mph... I do mostly highway driving and its gets annoying. I suspected worn tires, but the passenger feels that the noise is only on the driver side. Any comment? All suggestions sincerely appreciated.

Reply to
tjn

Have you checked your front gearbox fluid level or the Transmission level. I had a whine from my transmission when the fluid was low for some unknown problem

Reply to
Don-Don