1998 Ford Explorer XLT Stereo Lights

Hi,

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT with a AM/FM/Cassette/CD-player and the entire stereo's front lights have failed. What can I do to fix this? It's awfully anoying not knowing the channel, volume, CD track, time, etc...

Thanks,

Richard snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Wild Thing Max

wth

Thanks!

Reply to
Wild Thing Max

Reply to
Don-Don

"Wild Thing Max" wrote in news:QcXPc.204967$%_6.201745@attbi_s01:

I just put up a webpage with pics, of my story with this same problem. Give it a look, it might help...

Good Luck, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Paul,

That is great. I did just what you showed, except I re-soldered a few extra connectins to make sure that I got the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to post that. I have made a copy to keep incase it happens again.

Don C.

Reply to
Don-Don

I am having the same problem with my 97. But looking through the post here I can't find the answer. Also the link that was provided is no longer active. Please help.

Reply to
dre

I'm not sure if this is the link you're looking for but this is how I fixed my radio lights:

It's been working beautifully now for months. Having the radio lights was like getting a new car again (just missing the new car smell, though, I guess I can buy that in a can).

I used the "Save my Sanity" swap deal and was able to have a new display in my cars in less than 3 days from ordering it and never had to ship my radio out or never had to go without my tunes.

Reply to
Randy