Antifreeze Smell

Howdy,

I've had this problem for quite awhile now and can't quite figure it out. I always smell anti-freeze whenever I turn off the engine in my

1994 Explorer. When I open the hood, I find trace amounts on the A/C hose that runs across the top of the engine compartment. I can never find the source of the leak as there is never any trace on the ground. Probably because it's such a small leak. Has anyone had any kind of problem like this? Just curious before I start to rip shit apart. Thanks.
Reply to
Jimmy the Hand

Just a thought... Do your windows fog up by chance? Check the firewall/floor board directly under the passenger side glove compartment. If the firewall and/or carpet is wet, or damp, chances are your heated core is leaking. This can give off an anti-freeze smell inside the vehicle, foggy windows, and a damp/wet firewall and carpet.

Good luck,

Steven

Jimmy the Hand wrote:

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

Sorry, that should be heater core, not 'heated core' :o)

My bad,

Steven

Steven Hilgendorf wrote:

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

If the leak is that small, it sounds like an ideal job for one of the stop leak products. They work well on small leaks.

-Paul

Reply to
carbide

Nope. The windows are not fogging up. It's definitely coming from the engine compartment, but like I said, there is never any large accumulation.

Reply to
Jimmy the Hand