Brake pedal to floor??

Driving wives '01 Exp. for first time in a long time and when i got on brake my big foot overlapped brake pedal and pushed the gas pedal causing car to surge forward. When i got home i examined brakes and discovered that the pedal goes almost (1/2 " or so) to the floor. The dealer sez they checked it out thoroughly and can't find anything wrong and that this is part of the ABS design. The brake pedal still goes almost to the floor but i keep foot to left away from gas. Can this be right? any suggestions?

Thanks Bob

Reply to
The Mays

I dunno if this would help, but make sure that there is no air in the brake lines, (ie: bleed 'em).

Good luck!

Reply to
IanCT