Brakes not releasing

The front brakes on my 93 Explorer are not releasing once I activate them. I also believe that the wheel bearings are going out. Is there a way to fix the brake calipers without having to replace them and has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks in advance, Jason

Reply to
Jason

Make sure your caliper slide pins are lubricated. If they are, the pistons in the calipers might be binding up and it might be time for new calipers. You could try taking the calipers apart and cleaning out the pistons and replacing the seals, but it might be better just to get new ones.

Reply to
Mikepier

I recently replaced the brake pads and lubed the slide pins then. The calipers are relatively cheap so I'll probably just replace. Thanks for the input.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

The next time this happens, loosen a bleeder on the caliper and see if the brake releases. You may have a bad hose/s to the caliper/s.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy