Flex-Fuel Egnines

Saw a very interesting article today talking about Brazil's success with flex-fuel vehicles. They are reported to be energy independent and predictions are it will happen here too. I often see Ford refer to flex-fuel engines in their advertising and wonder how I can tell if I have one. Cannot find anything in owners' manual or any other documentation I have that would tell me. Anyone know the answer? Is it included in the VIN?

Reply to
Big Shoe

Yes, it is in the VIN. For 2005 Ford models, at least, engine type is in position 8, where a code "2" denotes an FFV for a passenger car, code "K" denotes an FFV for light truck or MPV.

You can find this on the Ford web site with some digging.

Big Shoe wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey