15,000 scheduled maintenance

Page 2 of 2

Extended warranties are just like any other insurance policy. You buy it & hope that you will never need it but it does provide a lot of piece of mind (especially when the payments are continuing on the initial auto loan).
Shawn wrote:

I have heard the phrase "piece of mind" being used to justify many different types of wasting money.
This is just one example.
Jeff

If my next vehicle purchase is financed for the same length of time the warranty is, I won't need an extended warranty since it will be paid in full by the time the factory warranty expires.
At $85.00 hr labor, plus the usual outrageous dealer markup for supplies, etc., it's remotely possible. I'd look to see if they billed an excessive number of labor hours.

Chuck wrote:

Considering that the 15,000 mi maintenance is an oil change and some supplies, I would say no way. It shouldn't have been more than $150. And, actually, it should not have been more than $50.
jeff