Dealer scheduled maintenance work.....

....compared to the scheduled maintenance work that is specified in the manual. When I go to the dealer they have "maintenance packages" that don't exactly match that is which is specified in the manual. I'm not just talking about Subaru dealers, but dealers in general. If I go to the dealer and say "I would like the (for example) " 18 month service"" I get whatever the dealer packaged for the18 month service, not necessarily what the book says needs to be done. Is my warranty still valid if the dealer does less than the book says should be done at the specified mileage/time period?

Reply to
4Q2

Your car came with a maintenance schedule. If you pull that out when you drop it off and specify what you want you'll be sure to stay within the boundaries of your warranty and give the car what it needs. Get the dealer or mechanic to initial the schedule and check off what they did.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

I would assume that any work done by the dealer will not void the warranty. However, if it were me, I would ask them to perform a certain service, doing EVERYTHING required and ONLY what is required. nothing additional. You have to understand that most dealerships make most of their money on service work (and to a lesser extent, used car sales) these days, not on selling new cars. So, they are trying to get you to do additional things whenever they have you in there. They are independent businesses.

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5 RS (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

**When I bought my Impreza (new 05 RS 5-speed), I received this large yellow 'booklet' that said Service Menu on the outside and Recommended Maintenance Schedule inside. So I started to follow that service schedule even though I was grousing about having to change the oil every 3750 miles. Most cars now are at the 7000 mark unless you drive them under those mysterious 'severe' conditions.

Just recently, I had the 11,200 mile checkup. I had the yellow booklet with me so I started reading the 15K service schedule to my Dad. He's been a mechanic for 50 years plus now. He started sputtering and yelling Bull shit! I got online and found the maintenance schedule for the 2005 and imagine my surprise that the yellow booklet and the actual maintenance schedule don't match even remotely. I went out to the car, found the maintenance schedule from Subaru and I fully intend on following Subaru's maintenance schedule not the dealer's from here on out.

kaboomie

Reply to
kaboom