Subject Author Posted Replies

1993 Mark VIII
I bought a 1993 Lincoln Mark viii. It is hit hard in the rear and also the front. The car has not run for 3 years but still turns over by hand , oil looks good, all electical looks good. I can't get...
1
1

Stuck VSS in transmission 95 Escort
Hi, Does anyone have any experience with removing a broken Vehicle Speed Sensor from a transaxle? Apparently, the typical failure mode is the plastic bit separates from the metal base and the base...
1
1

1986 Ford F150 problem HELP
I have this pickup that has a "new" engine it that ran fine in another f150 . Well, here is the history . The pickup had a blown engine in it (Fuel injected 302) and sat for around 2 years . I found a...
19
19

Thermostat leak
Gentlemens: My inherited 1992 Taurus wagon with the 3.0 liter engine overheated last Friday while I was sitting at KFC waiting for my order. I got it home without causing any apparent damage as the...
19
19

Banzai! Toyota in North America
Automotive News - May 14, 2007 Economic development leaders in several states say Toyota officials have signaled privately that more investment is coming... Since it opened its first auto assembly...
10
10

1998 Ranger wont start.Help please
Ok all you electrically inclined ford people I need your help I do not know where to go from here. I am writing this for my husband he is mechanically inclined and I am a computer geek. 1998 Ford...
1
1

how do i take off track rod end from the power steering end
iam trying to take off track rod end balljoint (not from the hub end)from the power steering end,but it wont come off it seems to be seized. try wd40 oil/heat,lots of force,wont move at all. theres a...

Ford sales still fall short of goals
Ford sales still fall short of goals at Ford Motor Co. has improved slightly in the wake of this year's massive buyout program, but the automaker's U.S. retail sales continue to fall short of internal...

O2 Sensor Question
My sister, Cathy, has a 1997 Ford Contour inherited from our parents, who don't drive anymore. Last week the engine light showed yellow and she took it to a car place who charged her $90 and ran...
13
13

97 explorer help
Hi guys, Did an OBD 2 scan of my 97 Ford Explorer v8 5.0L. It came back with the following codes. PO304 ---------cylinder 4 misfire PO153 ----------O2 circuit slow response bank 2 sensor 1 PO133...
4
4

2002 Crown Vic
My 2002 Crown Vic starts alarming at night - not the beep beep beep of the horn when you push the remote - but a wah wah wah. When I push the alarm on the remote, I get the beep beep beep. When I push...

00 Taurus Drain Plug
Hi; I'm draining the coolant from my 2000 taurus and the Haynes shop manula says there is a block coolant drain plug as well as the rad plug. I can't find any such plug and have even heard it doesn't...
1
1

OT? Just got XKR
It's an '01 with 33,000 miles. I use to own a '98 XK8 and loved it. Is there anthing I should know or look out for, being that it's supercharged? I paid $29,900 for it from CARMAX. Condition wasn't...

WINNABLE Gas War
GAS WAR?? a GAS WAR idea that WILL work=97=97=97=97> This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. =A0It's worthy...
9
9

Vulcan cam position sensor woes.
98 Ranger. Not the version of the sensor that eats shafts up. Intermittently I get the P0304 fault code. Every single time I can just clear it and it'll be gone for another few weeks, but then,...