1993 Mark VIII

I bought a 1993 Lincoln Mark viii. It is hit hard in the rear and also the front. The car has not run for 3 years but still turns over by hand , oil looks good, all electical looks good. I can't get the engine to turn over. The anti theft light is blinking but will time out after a few minutes. I reset the collision switch in the trunk. It will not come out of park with the key on and the battery hooked up but dissconect battery and it will shift. I would like to make the engine run before I pull it out of the car. The old owner said he ran the car before it was stored. Is there some way to over ride whatever is causing this? Do I neet the code for the door key pad? I only have a single key.

Reply to
fourdyford

Run the EEC-IV diagnostics for a start. Brake pedal MUST BE applied before attempting shift out of Park, AND brake lights MUST work (safety feature). The 5 digit key code is located on the RH trunk hinge. These cars are real finicky about power, so make sure battery is charged at say, 12.5 volts.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke