1969 ford bronco-tail light problem

The tail lights remain on after light switch and ignition are turned off. Any suggestions how I can address the problem, or should I take the vehicle to a repair shop.

cooter37 wrote:

Probably the brake light switch (not tail lights still on, but brake lights).
"cooter37" wrote; 1969 BRONCO
The tail lights remain on after light switch and ignition are turned off. Any suggestions how I can address the problem, or should I take the vehicle to a repair shop. _____________________________________________
Replace the defective light switch. You can do it yourself.
However, if it is the brake lights instead of the tail lights, it is a different problem. Two common causes:
1.) Brake light switch near brake pedal is mis-positioned or stuck in the ON position. Readjust it or replace it.
2.) Brake light distribution section of turn signal switch in steering column is stuck in the ON position. This is a more difficult thing to get at, requiring removal of the steering wheel. Decide for yourself whether you want to tackle this job.
Good luck.