1999 Mitsubishi Mirage tail light problem

The tail lights, inside dome light, dash lights and front parking lights on my

1999 Mitsubishi Mirage do not work. We have examined all the fuses and they are all o.k. The wires into the fuse box appear to be o.k.

One fuse position in the engine compartment fuse block has only one metal contact on one side and none on the other and another fuse block has no contacts. Could this be the problem?

Can anyone please advise as to what else I might try?

Thanks.

Reply to
deesings

Of course not. These fuse positions are for options not fitted to you car. Its time to get a multimeter and trace the problem. The tail lights, inside dome light, dash lights and front parking lights are (probably) all run from the same fused circuit.

Pull the fuse from the under dash and a) verify its OK with the meter. Sometimes fuses blow and the break is hard to see. b) verify you have +12 on the one side of the fuse holder. If you do, the problem is on the load side of the circuit. If not, the problem is between the engine compartment fuse block and the dash fuse block.

Stewart DIBBS

Stewart DIBBS