1988 Grand Marquis driver's seat.

I was leaning back in the seat yesterday to get my cell phone from my pocket, and I heard something snap. Now the seat is all lopsided and doesn't seem to be held down on the front left corner - when accelerating, I can feel that corner lifting. It has been squeaking going over bumps for a month or so before this happened.

I would like to go down to the junkya... um... automotive recycling center and get one I can just bolt down with no drilling or other hassles.

To make hunting easier, can someone tell me what other years' and models' seats will bolt in to the existing floor holes and use the same power harness? I'd like to get a newer one if it will just bolt in. I don't care about the color or material matching as long as it fits.

It's the standard power half-bench that came with the Grand Marquis GS in '88.

This is my "one more winter" car. For the past 4 years, when October comes I say, "Just one more winter and I'll buy a new(er) car in the spring." Then in March, it passes state inspection and I say, "Maybe I can get ONE more year out of it."

Reply to
DJ

There seems to have been a problem with that. Mine did it. There is (was) a service bulletin on the problem. It seems to be difficult to find one in a salvage yard that is not already cracked. I took the seat from mine ane wet the upholstery in the area and had it welded back with a reinforcing plate. Guy charged me $20. A little black spray paint and it is hardly noticeable in the old hack.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

You know how you double the value of the car?

Fill up the gas tank! ;-)

Reply to
Jeff

Now be nice!! My car's worth at least 2 tanks of gas.

Reply to
DJ