1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Door Lock Motor

I have had problems with all the door lock motors on this car with 110,000 miles. I've been able to replace them myself but this time the RIGHT FRONT door cannot be opened from inside the car or from the
outside using the pull handles. The key will not turn clockwise to the unlock position but will turn freely in the counter-clockwise direction to lock the door. Is there a way to remove the armrest and related parts from inside the car (and possibly the inside door panel) and then reach inside the door in some way to get this door open? All the ones I've done in the past were with the door open and you could drill out the rivet holding the door lock motor in place on the edge of the door.
George
George Nuetzel wrote:

Try a "Slim Jim" at the outside of the door's dew wiper to see if you can lift & force the mechanism to let go. Squirt some PB Blaster down there first, to let it remove any rust that's blocking the mechanism.
your motor is locked and you might have to take it to the shop had one done the same and the only way i could losen it up was to tare the door panel up best is to take it to the shop and i would un hook the motors mine was a 91 ford to i think they had a lot of trouble with them
jimmyh wrote:

that gives you alot more room... but b4 you do this go to wreckers and see if there is another car there with matching door panel so if you wreck yours you can get a used one to replace it
Thanks to all who responded. Regarding the slim jim, how do you know what/where you are trying to hook?
I'm surprised a recall was never issued on this safety problem as in the event of an accident, you could be trapped and not be able to exit this door.
George
George Nuetzel wrote:

George Nuetzel wrote:

It sounds like you have two problems...
An actuator rod for the door latch is off, too, it seems.
Rob