1993 Taurus- Heater Core

Happy Easter all;
While I was out of town, the missus' Taurus lost a heater hose. My dad fixed it for her and I though it was a wrap. Well, we road tripped it to Las Vegas
this weekend for church and I noticed the sweet smell when I turned on the heater. I think we lost the h/c, pure a/f coming from the bottom of the car. Checked the clamps,all good and dry. Any input on how difficult this monster is?
TIA,
Steve in NW AZ

Umm.......Steve R is already in use!
Steve R. (Rayner)
Sorry Steve- Changed my handle...
Aluma-Seal and a sale it is!!!

Published labor time is 7.2 hours. Recover the refrigerant from the AC system. Drop or remove the steering column. Remove the entire dash board and rest it on the front seats. Disconnect the heater hoses and AC fittings. Disconnect the vacuum lines and electrical from the HVAC module. Remove HVAC case from the firewall. Open HVAC case and replace heater core.
The worst part is disconnecting the AC fittings from the evaporator, after 16 years, the fittings aren't going to separate without a fight. There is little room to work, worse if the engine is the 3.8.