1998 Taurus Heater Core

Anyone out there have any helpful hints for putting in a new heater core for a 1998 Taurus. Dash removal tips? How long it took? Anything would be great thanks! The fun starts tomorrow!

Reply to
rangerracer

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
I remember Tom and Ray (Car Talk) saying that the Taurus is one of the hardest to replace. Dealers around here get about $1000 for the job. There must be shortcuts though because the local Radiator Hospital cut a deal for a friend's daughter for $350 and they had the job done quickly.

Reply to
Al Bundy

>Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Instrument panel removal in a Taurus isn't really that hard. (Try a Chrysler mini van sometime). One thing I would suggest is to remove the front seats. It only takes a fwe minutes and gives you lots more room to work. Be careful of the shift indicator cable. Many folks overlook the indicator and only remember it when they hear it snap while removing the column.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Try this:

The article on page 5 addresses this subject. "Tips from the top ? time-saving on heater core replacement"

>> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >>>
> I remember Tom and Ray (Car Talk) saying that the Taurus is one of the>> hardest to replace. Dealers around here get about $1000 for the job.>> There must be shortcuts though because the local Radiator Hospital cut>> a deal for a friend's daughter for $350 and they had the job done>> quickly.

Reply to
Fred Young

"Fred Young" wrote in news:op.sx8wqrcvz5qwck@marvin:

Was truncated, somehow...full url: