1996 Mercury Grand Marquis FOB reprogramming

Howdy,
I need to get a new FOB for my 96 Merc Grand Marquis and needed to know if there is a procedure I can use to re-program the computer to accept the remote or if I need to take it to the dealer. I plan on
buying used via Ebay and have matched the FCC ID numbers to the existing remote.
It's a peanut shaped remote with a lock, unlock, panic and trunk button.
I've seen similar posts but nothing specific to my car. Thanks for any help. Andy