1996 thunderbird 3.8

I have a 96 Thunderbird 3.8 engine.The 96 engine started knocking so i replaced it with a 97 engine 3,8 from a thunderbird.I used the wiring harness that was on the 97 motor.The sensors were some times a little
different.Now the oil senor will not work while running but will work before you turn it over.Also the water temp.gauge will not work at all.Any help would be great.Thanks.