2000 contour air bags

i hit a deer with my 2000 contour. not much damage but the air bags deployed. i bought replacement air bags and control module from a junkyard. i replaced both air bags and when i reconnected the battery, i
get an air bag error code 19 (or 1 and 9). does anyone know what this code means? also does anyone know where the control module is located? my Haynes manual says it is under the dash. but i have taken the dash out and cannot locate it. any help is greatly appreciated

The dismantlers working out in the yard say it's the primary crash sensor shorted to ground and you are in risky territory.
Bill
is the contour just like the mondeo in the uk? if it is then the module is in the center console near to the handbrake bolted to the floor but it has to be proggrammed to tell it how many airbags the vehicle has. then youll have to clear the codes

theres an airbag code list somewhere on the check use google
and it makes sense the crash sensor is shorted to ground, it was triggered.
you pay..DEAL with it!